Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's not coffee, food or wine....It's just me.

It's been a long time, a long long time.
Have no wine on the desk beside me, I have no coffee brewing, and food was an hour ago....

I have just returned from New York City via my home away from home in Ridgefield, Connecticut. It was a great trip, but a real chance to ponder so much in life.

I forgot how much I find writing cathartic. I forgot how much writing helps me to be authentic and to express what is truly important to me in life. And then, when I was out east, I did some writing, some truly emotional stuff, and I remembered.

Writing seems to make life real, it allows us to express emotion that perhaps we have a hard time verbalizing and allows us to say just exactly what is necessary or needed.

So I find myself back here in front of my blog on Coffee, Wine and Food, writing. Why am I back, why am I making this time? Because I need it, because I need to get back to what makes me tick, to be expressive, to be emotional, to be authentic and to create possibilities that give me the chance to live life to its fullest. Here I am!

Things I have learned lately:

Be ready for anything, you never know where life may take you and what might result. Be open and ready for that, don't let life blindside you. Take it in stride and be authentic. Listen to your heart, express your feelings, let "them" in, it's so worth it.

Emotions are delicate animals. They need to be listened to, they need to be attended to, they need to be nurtured. Too often we allow emotion to fall by the wayside, it's just not necessary - but oh it is and expressing it allows you to live that life you want, otherwise you are holding back, and that is not authenticity.

Tell the people around you what you think and feel. It is never too late. They should know, not tomorrow, not when I have time, now, let them know, tell them what you think, be upfront. If they know and you tell them, you can enjoy that communication and bask in its glow. Sometimes this does not have to be positive, and that is OK too, knowing and stating is better than carrying it around and allowing it to burden you.

Say yes, take chances, be open, have fun, live life, create possibilities. It's so worth it, so worth it. No pattern "has" to be followed, you can create your own pattern, anytime - do what feels right, say what feels right and live the life you have always wanted to.


So maybe all of this came from sitting with some wine, savouring some food and pondering life and its many facets. Perhaps the impetus came from people around me, people I care about, people that have helped me to live my life more fully. No - actually it did.

So, nothing prolific, but I am back here writing. Sometimes about food, sometimes about wine, sometimes about coffee, but sometimes about people I care about and life's experiences and sometimes just about all of the things running through my mind.

Thanks for providing the forum to put that out there. Feel free to provide your thoughts and ideas too. Life is about sharing, communicating, creating possibilities and laughing and enjoying with the people who walk the walk with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment