Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Wine and Great Friends!

There are times when you need to take yourself out and enjoy a night out with good friends. It was time, and of course in order to partake in a great bottle of wine at a reasonable price, we went to, you guessed it, Earls again. It seems like I keep talking about Earls, they pay me no premium, well a small one, but more to come on that later! They have some great wines on their list and they are very reasonably priced. So last week, Earls Victoria had a contest asking what two of their three new wines on their menu were. Well Duh! I reviewed two of them so the Joel Gott Zinfandel and The Show Malbec earned me a $20 gift certificate!  We really wanted to try the Stag's Leap Petite Syrah 2006. So of course we did. WOW... that's all I can say. A beautiful bouquet smelling sweet and like an excellent wine, a dark jammy colour and then the flavour... wow. On initial contact like cherries, then some raspberries and finishing smooth and with the beauty of a very expensive red. I tell you to say it quite understately it is fantastic. Of course, save your pennies, take out a small loan, ask for gift cards for your birthday, but have this wine. If I were smart and my friends were as smart as me, we would go on a Wednesday night and save an additional $10, but it was not to be. The wine is not available in the liquor store as a petite syrah, so I looked it up at the winery in California. Online it sells at $38 USD, so at $63 on the menu and $53 on a a Wednesday, really it is hard to go wrong, it really is a memorable wine!
Have it with Steak, chicken fingers or even pizza - you will enjoy it!

Now I have to tell you we were very lucky!
One of the Earls staffers, who I have gotten to know over tha last little while came over and recommended the Fuller's Red Blend - the Rascal Down Under. It is one that comes from Barossa Valley Estates in Australia, and is made exclusively for Earls. Barossa Valley Estates has for many years won many accolades for their red blends. Well, I have to admit, it was hard after drinking a bottle of the petite syrah to drink a different wine, but it was surprisingly good, like wow, on a Wednesday the bottle is less than $30!!
Another great one to add to the collection.
You might have to get to Earls' in your neighbourhood soon. It will be worth it. They did not pay me anything to say all of that, it was just my experience... and a great one!
Check it out yourself!

1 comment:

  1. What a great article! Thanks a lot for writing it Shrawan! I can't wait to share it with Earls Victoria :)

    Sepy
    Earls' Social Media Guy

    ReplyDelete